Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Babysitter from HELL

We hired a co-workers son to babysit over the weekend. We've only hired a babysitter to watch the boys one other time, and it was a doctor I worked for daughter. I knew I could trust her. This boy is 16 years old, seemed responsible, and we were only doing dinner and a movie....what could go wrong?

We went to Texas Roadhouse, of course, for dinner. Then off to the show...the sequel to DaVinci Code. The movie was good. However....before it started, I went in to potty up. As I was sitting in the bathroom, the cell phone rings. I answer and the babsitter asks me, "Do you have a fire alarm in the house"? Are you kidding me!! He says that he put popcorn in the microwave and it has burned up and the house is filled with smoke. He thinks it will be alright though. I told him to open up windows and doors and let it vent out. Andrew called him back in a few minutes and he seemed to have it under control. Andrew explained to him how to reset the smoke detector. We went about the rest of the night, drove home, met all of them up and awake in the living room at 12:30 pm watching the gruesome movie of Troy. The entire house stinks horribly like burnt popcorn (and still does) Need I say more? The kids begins explaining to Andrew that earlier in the night, they jumped on the trampoline and he "forgot" he had a pocket knife in his pocket. Somehow the knife snagged the net on the trampline and now we have a 12 inch hole in our net. Lovely, just lovely. The night ended with Andrew giving him his 10.00 hr. payment, yeah, you read correctly. Andrew suggested we pay him that much prior to the evening. OMG!!!
Needless to say, the kid is fired. What an experience.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad everything turned out ok. Yes he is fired.

Rainbow said...

FIRED FOR SURE!!!