Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads

Andrew decided that he would like to go fishing for Father's Day. We took the boat out onto the Wolf river. It was a little "dicey" because it gets pretty shallow in spots. A few times we had to stop the motor and lift it up because we were in inches instead of feet of water. I know I am the picture queen...so below is some of the pics of the day.
Dylan and Davis....Best friends!

I had to pee so bad, I finally just hung over the side of the boat and went. As you can see, the kids thought that was hysterical.


Even Dylan went swimming. You can see the look of disgust in his eyes. He hates the water but constantly acted like he was seconds away from diving in.

Looks like Benson is getting baptised in the river!

The boys

They thought it was great that when you lifted up your feet, the water would just carry you down the river quickly.

Davis loved it especially!

The beautiful Wolf River....home of the mammoth Walleye that we have yet to taste or catch...hell, we can't even get one to bite our bait!

The Father's Day snapshot.

The leaches!!! Even Andrew used fishing pliers to attach them to our hooks, we were too frieked out by them to touch them and wrap them around the hooks. Live worms are one thing, leaches are another. Besides, the fish didn't like them either.
Hope everyone enjoyed their Fathers Day also. We ended the day at Texas Roadhouse. Wasn't as satisfying as a fish fry, but never is a bad meal.
Kim

2 comments:

Rainbow said...

You crack me up! When ya gotta go ya gotta go!! It looks so beautiful there. I'm glad you guys had a fun, nice day with the family and Texas Roadhouse sounds delicious.

Kerry said...

Looks like a lot of fun.