Sunday, April 10, 2011

This was the 1st fishing trip of the season.  Still a few piles of snow left on the ground.


A few chunks of ice floating down the river here.  The Oconto River.

Fishin


This lake was still frozen when we got to it.  Maybe by next weekend.

This was weird, I caught a clam shell.  I actually fished it out from the bottom of the lake.  Weird.


Our trip started with a trail walk in Howard and we came across this "sleeping" raccoon.  Turns out he was dead.


We tried this river first, the Peshtigo.  We saw an otter swimming around.  That was fun to watch, but no fish.  The kids went "chipmunk chasing".  They actually found a nest and chased two baby chipmunks around.  They got wet and muddy, but had a good time.

The little dock we fished from on the Peshtigo.


Awe, isn't she lovely.  I wish there was a cream for double chin removal.  Lol


2 comments:

Maureen said...

Lets see, you caught a 'CLAM", Benson found a "sleeping" racoon, but fun was had by all. Am sure it felt good, just to get out. I have pics to post also, so better do it.

Maureen said...

Oh ya, if you find that"creme", let me know.