
Well, as I dipped my feet into the swimming pool this morning, there was allot of chatter among all the old ladies in the water. "Well Ethel, we got us a black president". Ethel says, "Yup, guess we do".
I don't think they were exactly thrilled about it..........but I AM!! He gave such a great and meaningful acceptance speach. Without sounding too pompous, it was a moment that we should all feel great to be American's. We all need to pray now that he doesn't get shot. Wow, this paragraph sure took a downward turn didn't it! I just mean that I want him to succeed and there are so many that are still against him and against his race, and there are SO many people who are ignorant still. Andrew and I talked last nite quite abit about it and there is allot of risk involved for him now. Hopefully he has super good security.
Today I have to get everything ready for our little trip to Lake Geneva. Andrew's yearly work convention is being held there on Thrs, Friday, and Sat. We are taking the kids and they have a water park. I think we will all have a great time. So, I will be packing, cleaning, getting us all ready to go today. Speaking of which, better get going I suppose.
Today it is going to be another warm day...up in th 70's again (crazy!!). Then , on the forecast, we have snow on Sat and Tuesday of next week. The weather is just bizarre around here.
I will take pics and blog when we get back.
Love Kim
1 comment:
Enjoy your weekend! It sounds like it will be fun.........Love....Later.Rainbow
Post a Comment