Saturday, November 15, 2008

Rough Nites Sleep

We had a rough nite last nite. Benson has been missing Grandma Doris at night for some time now. Last nite he just couldn't get it to stop in his mind. He broke my heart. He cried so long that his head started hurting. Then he said that there were 2 things he wished for in life. 1. That Grandma Doris hadn't died and 2. that people didn't have sickness. I tried to give him assurance that she is better off in heaven and with people she hasn't seen in along time. Rather than provide comfort that only begs more questions for him. What if those people didn't meet up with her and she is lost? What if she couldn't find heaven? What if I get lost and can't find anybody when I die? Are you going to die mommy? I don't want to die. I don't want you to die. I don't ever want to be alone. It goes on and on........You would think that he would get tired out and fall asleep eventually but that didn't happen last nite. He was so overwhelmed with all these thoughts that he couldn't relax. I finally gave in and he came to bed with me, after another hour of tickles and hugs and stories and songs, we both crashed.

Mommie,
have you decieded whether or not to go to Helen's funeral if she passes this week? I'm sure people will understand if you don't go. I love the movie 8 seconds...it is one of my all time favs. along with Urban Cowboy and Sat. Night fever.

Kerry,
Have daddy get the xmas boxes down when they come over next Friday for Alex's play. Then, after Christmas, don't store them high up where you wont have easy access to them the following year.

Rainbow,
Andrew said hell no to getting out decorations. Guess I Will be doing it alone if I decide to start now. He didn't pack any of my artifial trees here, so it's either go buy new ones or wait for the 1 real tree. Bummer huh.

We are taking the kids to the movies today to celebrate good report cards. Supposed to snow again today. Will send pics if it does.

Love Kim

1 comment:

Maureen said...

Benson is breaking my heart. Maybe you could go to a religious store and buy him a book and read it to him. Maybe that might offer him some comfort. Shall I send him one of her afhgans? Something we need to come up with. Start reading him a story or let him watch tv for and half hr. so he won,t start thinking about her as soon as his head hits the pillow. Have fun at the movies, is Andrew going with you? Has he put bales of straw around the kennal yet? Tell him his mother-in-law asked!!!!!!!!!! LOL Can just hear the comments now! Remember Andrew, you are my fav.