It was a weird day yesterday. Davis' friend Matt has no manners. We took them to dinner before the hockey game and it was a nightmare! I'm so disappointed that my kids turn into little animals just because they are around another child with no manners. God I hope they don't act like that at school! Matt talked about his farts, his boogers, tried to saw crayons with his steak knife, got up in the isle and got in the way of all the servers. Ran throughout the restaurant when we were leaving. Oh, and by the way, Davis was his shadow throughout. Then we get to the game. Matt and Davis wanted to take off, so they did. Without asking, without even blinking an eye.....dart into the arena and take off. So, we set them straight on the rules and it made absolutley no difference whatsoever. Benson whined most of the night about almost everything. Matt continued to jump out of his seat and go wherever he wanted to. Davis ignored his rules and his parents.
This morning was spent getting them ready for school with the same drama. Benson's hair wasn't "cool" enough...whine, tears, drama!!! Davis complaining because he didn't want to make his bed, why does he have to pick up dirty clothes off the floor. And 5 seconds should be long enough to brush their teeth!
I am wiped out mentally from these boys. Some days they literally suck the life right out of you. Today, I am really going to do some soul searching and try to find a new direction of parenting. Wish me luck, I need it!
4 comments:
One day is just that, one day. Overall, they are very good boys, and mind pretty good. (most of the time). You can kill them with kindess, but they also have to follow the rules. And not listening is breaking your rules. So just take a few things away, one at a time, when they don,t listen. Don,t make a big deal out of it, just do it. When you,ve empty their room, hello-------.
I have a couple of books that I think are terrific. If you want to read them let me know.
I just boxed everything in Yzabella's room up and it's working great. She wasn't to upset, but wants the opportunity to earn them back.
Hey Kim, your boys sound like perfectly normal boys to me. They aren't perfect, but who is. Just take a deep breath and then discipline them according to your rules. Eventually, they'll get it.
Yikes! about the manners on the other boy though. The running off in public could be scary.
Post a Comment