Thursday, May 7, 2009

Another Day of coaching

I had my 2nd nite of coaching without Andrew at Baseball last nite. It went a little smoother this time. The weather turned out great, a few thunderstorms surrounding us.....lightening in the distance...but we stayed sunny and warm. The 3 year old girl cracked me up last nite. She was on 1st base and she had to run to 2nd once the ball was hit. I asked her, "ok, you know where to go next?"....she pointed to her mother and replied, "mama". I've never really heard her complete a sentence. Whew....WOW is all I can say about that!!

Meanwhile, Davis invited his friend from class, who lives real close to the baseball field, over to play during Benson's practice. He showed up as did the 2 other neighbor kids who talked me into letting them come along with us. After about 5 minutes of them playing together, the 2 neighbor kids came over to tell me that Davis' friend is cursing and saying the F bomb every 2 seconds. I called him and Davis over and told them to take a knee. I put my finger right in his face and told that little brat that if I EVER heard any more cursing out of his mouth he would NOT be able to play with Davis ever again. He was pretty nervous, or at least he acted like he was. He has such terrible role models at home, I'm not surprised about his mouth. But he is a bad influence on my kids. Summer cannot come soon enough!

Towards the end of practice, I heard a man yelling at some kids near the parking lot. I turn around and see that it is my groups of kids he's yelling at because guess what......they are in the frieken dumpsters! I was too embarrassed at that point to shout in front of 50 parents and people, "hey Davis get the hell out of the dumpster!!" So, I let the man yell at them and he told them to get out. When practice was over, I asked them WHY????? did you go into the garbage? They said they had heard about dumpster diving on TV and thought it would be fun. They found notes from teachers, students, parents, love notes. OMG.

I think we will not take anyone with us to the next practice, and Davis can sit his little butt down and watch.

Benson's birthday is tomorrow, I am making Panda Bear cupcakes....pics to follow.

Kim

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Gee I thought I was reading a erma bombeck article. Good descriptive, tone with the words. Felt like I was there, watching the whole thing. But then Its a good thing I wasn,t there, or someone would have got his butt beat!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG, you have to remember how much you truly love them.
Can,t wait to see the pics of the cupcakes.

Kerry said...

Dumpster Diving!!!! WTF whoops i droped the f bomb. Beat!

Lori said...

LOL! That is too funny, the dumpster diving that is. The kid with the language problem is not so funny.

Another beautiful day as a loving mother. Happy Mother's Day, Kim.