Sunday, February 21, 2010
Another Snow Storm on the Way
Yesterday was Davis' birthday, although we are still doing activities today. Yesterday, just Davis and I went to the movie "Blindside". We really liked it. Then we went to The crab Shack downtown last night and we told Davis he could order anything he wanted. He order steak and lobster. The lobster came whole, not shelled. The first thing I did was break the body and a bunch of green poop and stomach crap came rolling out. Needless to say, that pretty much grossed him out! (I'm sure Wanda is laughing her ass off reading this). Then we got to the tail, figured that was pretty safe. More guts and yucky stuff. Managed to get to most of the meat, and we ate that part. The claws were huge too, but Davis stuck to the steak by this point. Today we are off to the water park with 2 of his friends from school. They are expecting a huge storm to blow in tonight and thru tomorrow. We are reminded by the news that Febr. and March in Green Bay is not spring for us. Snowblower is ready while you guys in Washington rake, mow, and see flowers blooming. In my first Nations class, we are taught that the Native people believe that Mother Earth has put a white blanket of snow over half of the world during winter time. It is her resting time. When it is springtime, she is reminded by the birds awakening and removes the snow blanket. Now the earth is rested and ready to replenish all the birds and animals and people with its fruits and seeds. Very intersting. No mother, I'm not converting!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i HOPE "YOUR" EARTH IS SLEEPING PEACFULY TONITE, AND MAY THE BIRDS AWAKIN QUICKLY FROM THEOR SLUMBER.Loved the photo shoot of Davis and his friends. Andrew and Benson looked like they were having a good time too. Well 1 party down and 1 more to go. Benson.
God luck in school tomorrow. Drive safe on those snowie roads. Its maybe going to get to 60,s here tomorrow, then the rain returns.
Yes, I laughed my ass off... but gotta admit, it grosses me out, too! I don't eat any seafood. Glad we're not the only place still getting snowstorms. You're probably as ready for spring as I am!
Love the cake very cute!
Post a Comment