The kids love their new Navy uniforms! I hope we are not priming them to join as soon as their 18 years old. We had a few inches of new snow yesterday, it is pretty. Covered everything with white again instead of dirty salt and grime. They said on the news yesterday that we typically get more snow in Feb. and March than any other months! I thought that was weird. I am so ready for spring. I have to get going and wrap up my homework for the day. My child dev. class has debates every Friday and I've been selected to do the 1st one...FANTASTIC....NOT. I have to support the argument that adolescents who commit violent crime should be convicted as adults. I must put on my academy acting role, because I def. do not support what I'm going to be saying. Wish me luck, I hate talking in front of large groups....esp. 18 year olds who are texting, sleeping, and yawning. Lots of fun.
Kim
6 comments:
They look so cute. Hope Jackson likes his as much as the boys like theirs. Am sure he will. I got Jackson the army one, more or less to you know who off!!!!!Gee with all the young ones blogging now, I have to watch what I say. Well had a wonderful day yesterday, mad I didn't get some pic. Have already called the sales guy and changed my mind from 2 couches to one with a loveseat. LOL!!!!!
Off to w.w.
Kim argue that the human brain is not fully developed until the age of 25...so 18 can not cognitively understand what they have done.
That was a point for the NO side. I had to support the YES side.
Oh, Kim........come on!!! Don't tell me that a 15, 16, 17, 18 year old kid that goes out and kills or rapes someone doesn't know that what they did was wrong! Of course they should be charged and treated as an adult. Unless they are of diminished capacity, and then that depends on their severity of mental capacity. This should be an easy debate.
You are correct Wanda. Our side won the debate hands down. Even when they looked at rehabilitation, the kids who were bad, were likely to remain bad.
The term "bad kid" is left for another debate...The definition of...
Post a Comment