Monday, March 29, 2010

The case of the Missing Gerbel

Hi all,
Did everyone have a good weekend? The weather is getting better around here..yahoo! Can't believe you still have snow on the ground in Idaho.
Yesterday we were doing our normal chores....Sunday cleaning. Andrew always cleans the gerbel cage on Sundays. Well, he always lets the little rats crawl around upstairs as he does this. Usually, he closes all the doors upstairs too. The little rat went into the boys bathroom and I guess there is some sort of ventalation holes under the bathroom counter and it crawled into one of the holes and was in the duct system. OMG!!!! So he lowered some rope down the hole hoping for it to climb back up it...yeah right. He lowered his leather belt...no good. He attatched the rope to the belt...didn't happen. 2 1/2 hours later, we traced the little rodent to the basement (could hear the scratching). Somehow, he went from the 3rd floor down to the basement of the house. I told the kids he was having some sort of party! Andrew had to undo the metal vents. that are in the crawl space and there he was and dropped into Andrews hands. Needless to say, we didn't get many chores done yesterday.
The boys were pleased to see him, but for awhile they were planning the new turtle we would be getting to replace the gerbel with. LOL
Have a good day,
Kim

3 comments:

Kerry said...

That is too funny.

Maureen said...

Well, at least Andrew got him. The hero for the day. Boys are probably alittle sad, no turtle now! LOL!!!

Windy and rainy here. Windows guys cancled, which is fine and are suppose to come tomorrow. ??? As long as their here sometime this week, I could care less.

Later

Lori said...

Sounds like an adventure. I imagine there were some exciting moments. I'm glad your gerbil is safe.