Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Off to be a Buddhist for a day

So, we are getting ready for our vacation.  Off to Idaho then on to Washington.  We are all ready to get out of Green Bay for awhile and see our families. 

Baseball is almost over for Davis, they made it through round 1 of the play-offs, prob. the last game on Thursday. 

Also, Davis has decided to try Band next year instead of Cello.  Anyone have a trumpet laying around?  lol

For the Anthropology on Religion course, I have to attend a non-Christain religious ceremony.  Of course we will be traveling this Sunday, so I thought I was screwed.  But I found a Buddhist sect in Boise that is going to allow me to be an observer.  I'm excited about it!  I think if I was forced to participate in any religion, it would be along the lines of Buddhism.  They are very spiritual, and have good life lessons.  More on that.  Repeat or chant after me....in the words of Tina Turner...."Nam Myoho Renge Kyo".

Here is a pic. of my dinner.  I made sweet and sour pork.  I watched Hells Kitchen last night and was inspired by all the sauce creations.  It was actually delicious....hope I can repeat it.


1 comment:

Maureen said...

Your wall-paper was perfect. Must be a sign. Please don't become a Buddhist.

Hope you can remember how to make the sauce, it looked so yummy!Maybe you can study about the religon while your riding in the car. Buy a tape or download something on the web and put it in your ipod.