Thursday, October 2, 2008

What a day from HELL

Ok, today was truly a bad, rotten day. Davis has had a bad cough for quite ahwhile now. HE got a cold 1st week of school and this cough just hasn't gone away. So, today I took him into his new doctor and she ordered xrays of his chest and sinuses. Poor kid has a sinus infection and pnumonia in his little lungs! Not to mention the fluid building in his ears. Geez, I feel like the absolute worst parent in the world for not getting him in sooner! He has been playing, running, active as always....who knew it could get that bad?? Anyway, he is on medicine and doing albuterol treatments everyday for awhile. The doctor says no school for awhile and to rest and no playing!

So, just when you think one crisis was over......We went to pick up Benson after the doctors appt. We were about 1/2 hr. early, so I went to the office and asked them to send Benson to the office for early pick up. They called his classroom and his teacher said no problem. Well, after about 3 minutes....no Benson. I started walking towards his class....got to his class....NO BENSON! I asked his teacher where is he? She said she dismissed him 3 minutes ago. "Jesus take the wheel". So, I ran back to the office, they made an announcement on the loud speaker that he was missing, I ran outside to look for him...they put the school doors in lock down. They searched bathrooms, library, etc. I looked in the parking lots, playgrounds, NO BENSON. Finally, there he was. He was shaken and talking to another mommy. She asked him what was wrong and he said he was lost and couldn't find his mommy. So, she called 911. "Jesus take the wheel"!!!! End of story, he didn't know where the office was or where he was supposed to go, so he just went outside and looked by the buses and areas where we had met before. He now knows where the office is and his teacher will never dismiss another kindergarten student without having a buddy to go with them. Ok, I'm gonna go pour me a glass of wine.
Kim

1 comment:

Rainbow said...

Only a glass?? I say down the whole bottle it may help for a few minutes. And they say these are the easy days of raising kids?? What will it be like during the pre-teen and teen years?? OK get the damn case of wine out or better yet lets just drive directly to the winery and buy some stock in it for the future. Well we are all thinking of you guys take deep breaths and remember thank-god we get to do it all over again tomorow. LOL. Love........... Rainbow