Monday, January 19, 2009

Here are the boys outside this afternoon afterschool with giant icesickles that were on the house. They want to lick them but I keep telling them no because they do come off the roof...chemicals..gross! We have a ton of them because it warmed up today and started melting off the roof.

I got new dishes this weekend at Target. A 6 piece set for 29.95! It is simple and plain, but I can microwave it. My last set was ceramic from Pier 1 and I could not microwave any of it. I loved it, but this will be more practical.


Came with a plate, salad plate, cereal bowl, dessert bowl, coffee cup and saucer, salt and pepper shaker, napkin ring holders, serving platter and serving bowl. I know this is not as interesting as Kerry's dating world, but hey, it's all I got.

Davis played at the Ymca over the weekend with a friend then hung out at his house. He has a patial blackened eye from wrestling around. When he came home he said hey mom, you know how I never see Matt's mom? I'm like yeah I guess. He said, well today I saw her and she had 2 black eyes and her leg was in a cast. Oh my God! We were like, what happened to her? Davis, I don't know, I didn't ask. So, I told Andrew to ask his dad tonight about it. His dad has some sort of health condidition as well. He told Andrew that very soon he has to go to Milwaukee for 4 weeks in the hospital. Something about a blood condition. But like father like son, he didn't ask any questions. I can't believe they keep inviting Davis over when they have so many issues going on. Guess we will have to have Matt over here to our house next. Then Davis said that his other friend today, Damien. came to school crying because his favorite wrestler was burned in an explosion on stage from fireworks gone wrong. Davis said he tried to make him feel better. Andrew told Davis it was all fake, but the internet did say it happened. At any rate, apparently it was very tramatic for his 3rd grade mind to handle. Thank God Davis and Benson don't watch it. I know Jurnee is into it, or is he still?

Here I am. On a whim today I got it all cut off! We drove to Appleton today to have breakfast because Andrew had the day off. We went to the mall to look around first and I saw a Regis hair salon. I just decided it was time. Then we went to the "shed" restaurant. YUmmmmy.!! Yes, mother, this is where you and I had chicken fried steak and eggs...and I had it again! It was just as good as the first time too. See the picture...I'm happy because I'm getting good food.


Davis is off to basketball practice tonight with Andrew. Mason and sister Katie are over and playing downstairs with Benson. Guess I better go make dinner while all is peaceful for now. Take care and talk to ya all later.
Kim



2 comments:

Maureen said...

Love your hair. Its very cute. Did you get the scoop on Davis friend tonite.Can,t wait for moma,s boys tonite. Hope its good. Davis looks like a midget, they way he,s setting in the snow. Am glad he,s feeling better.


MOM

Kerry said...

Your hair is cute. i like it short.