Saturday, January 17, 2009

Ingredients:
3 oz. semisweet choc. chips or chocolate bar
1/2 cup pureed carrots
1/2 cup pureed spinach
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tblsp. butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt


preheat oven to 350, coat an 8x8 inch pan.
Melt the choc. in a pan on low heat
In large bowl, mix the choc. vegt. puree, sugar, cocoa powder, butter, and vanilla and whisk until creamy.
Mix in eggs, flour baking powder, and salt.
Pour into pan and bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

To puree:

Take about a half back of spinach leaves and put them in a pan with a few tabls of water. It only takes about one minute for the spinach to soften and start to wilt. Don't over do it or it takes away the vitamins in the spinach. For the carrotts, they take about 15 minutes or so. I steam them on the stove to soften them up. Then in your food processor, add the veggies and mix them totally until they are puree texture. With the spinach, I break the stems off because they dont seem to puree very well. Sometimes I also add about a tablespoon of water for a better consistency. Also, Jessica says to always allow complete cooling because you CAN taste the veggies when they are still warm. It is not until they are completely cooled that they are disguised.

So, there you go...give it a try. It sounds like allot of work to puree...but it really isn't that bad. It sounds like Lori and Rainbows friends Melissa's mother has passed away. If you read Lori's blog she says that. So sorry for her loss.

It is blanketing us again today with a fresh coat of snow. I like when it first snows because it covers up all the dirty and messy salt and makes it look pretty and fresh again. The boys are to the point of yeah, whatever, its snowing. At least it is warming up a bit. Last nite we went to dinner and when we walked back to our car afterward our faces were burning! It actually burns your skin, or feels that way at least. We had school cancelled on Thursday and Friday, so I'm sure we will have some makeup time at the end of the year. We have the worst cabin fever, I am going to go shopping today just to get out. better make it a good will run.

All for now. Glad you are feeling a little better today mommie. Have a nice time at Kerry's today and give Jackson hugs from us....and Alex too if she will let you. :)

Kim

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Thanks for the recipe I can't wait to try it out on Jackson.

Rainbow said...

yes, thanks for the recipe. Just think only two more months maybe three of the cold LOL.

Maureen said...

Take more pics of the snow. It looks so pretty. We had a fun day with Jackson and, I got to visit with miss Alex. Wow a real conversation. She was trapped on the couch with me. I,ll post pics tomorrow.