Here are the boys with Mason and Katy playing the frog game.
Outside on the hill sledding afterschool today. It snowed a few inches today so the hill wasn't quite as icy.
First day of swimming lessons. He was so brave, before class talking about how he remembered how when he was little he used to get so scared...but not anymore. He was wrong...he cried the entire class practically!
I really thought he was having a breakthough on the pool issue. He was very confident going into the pool. Then it must've just hit him like a brick wall or something. I was up above watching with all the parents and he just silently started to lose it. The teacher went up to him and they talked for several minutes, shook hands (pinky swear) and then class moved forward. He continued to take "baby steps" with what everyone else in the class did. There are only 3 other kids and one is even is Mrs. Boggess class (his kindergarten class). I talked to the teacher after class and she said that he might not be in the right class...huh? I signed him up for Kindergarten lessons but I guess they have degrees of Kindergarten. He is now in with the Rays and she thought he should back up one level. Problem is...all girls in that class and in this class he has a friend. She said either way, fine with her, she will work with him. The last 5 minutes of class is "free time". He had 3 different teachers in the water with just him trying to ease his mind. He soaked that crap up for sure! More snow tomorrow, ought to be interesting with the field trip and all. We are taking all 5 Kindergarten classes to Appleton Children's Museum. Yes, mother, I will take lots of pictures.
Love Kim
2 comments:
The pool looks so inviting after being in the chill weather outside, you should jump in to! HAve fun tommorow with the fieldtrip... Love....Later...RAinbow
That is the cutest pics of the kids outside. I wonder what came over Benson, about the swimming? Maybe next lesson he,ll move on. He has got to tske lessons everytime, so he can get over his fear. Hope he has a good teacher.
I,ll call you in the morning.
Post a Comment