Saturday, January 10, 2009

Stand by, here are a ton of pictures from Benson's field trip. It was the children's Museum of Appleton and I had no idea what a fun place it would be. Everything was interactive. There were tree houses and trains that circle the entire museum, planes they could fly, radio towers, fire engines, street lights to operate, cranes that really moved and turned, water centers ( not a great idea when its as cold as it is here), golfing with life size screens, and much more.


This is the jet that they could fly...Benson was caption a few times. They could actually talk to the kids in the radio tower and see each other on video screens.


Here he is coming in for a landing.

This is one of the golf/ball areas.


This is "my group" of kids that I chaperoned with their teacher, Mrs. Boggess.


This is the gas station zone, behind them is a kid store and convenience area.


This is the loading crane.


Fire Marshall Benson in the Drivers seat. They had boots and hats and jackets. Way cute.


The radio control tower. It wasn't until later that I knew the tower had video from the plane. I'm sure many parents watched me oust their kids from the captions chair to make room for other children to have a turn. It also had microphones....oh well!


Benson as a passenger in the back of the plane. They had seats, seatbelts, lights and fans above their heads...pretty much the real deal.


The water room...they provided full rain jackets, but tall boots would have been a good idea too. It took the kids about 2 hrs of running around to get the bottom of their pants dry again.



What a day it was. It was so cold when we left in the morning that the bus windows froze from the outside in. The kids used their fingernails to draw on the windows thru the ice to make designs during the trip. We were there a grueling 5 1/2 hrs!! We should have been done around lunch time. There were many tears and tired children by the time we loaded back on the bus. The ride back was long, I sat beside the ADHD child who growled and hissed like a bobcat soprano on crack the whole way back (30 mile drive). Even the teacher gave up asking him to stop it. I'm grateful he wasn't in my group for the day....he or I would not have made it by the end of the day.
Today is basketball for both boys, Benson is so excited to have his 1st basketball practice. I hope it goes well for him. Then tonight is the hockey game. I don't know what to expect from that, but I'm thinking helmets might be a good idea. The theme of the night is "child safety", so I'm hoping they give away safety goggles or helmets to all of us for the game. Probablly not though. I will take some pics and blog tomorrow.
Glad North Bend appears to be drying up a little. The local news channel has been talking about it even. I feel for all the people that got flooded and lost so much. I'm sure your work will be crazy because of it.
Bye for now,
Kim





4 comments:

Kerry said...

Looks like a really cute place to take the kids. Benson looks like he loved it. You should change your background becuase it blurs into the pictures. It make them hard to see.

Maureen said...

I agree with Kerry, I love the snow background, but not a stick covering Benson cute face. I went back to bed this morning, so now I need to get a move on it. Realy cute pics of the trip, can,t wait to hear about the hockey game tonite!


MOM

Rainbow said...

I wish we had something like that around here for the kids, it looks like you could go back several times to look at everything. It looks like Benson had a good time.

THE MEXICAN said...

glad all went well for the holidays and i hope the snowblower worked and continues to work well for you!!!!!