Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Storm Allison is here

First big storm of the season...they even named her Allison. They do that around here just like they do tropical storms, kinda funny. We've upgraded from Storm Warnings to official Blizzard. I'm thinking we are really gonna get it. The forecast has us snowing until sometime on Thursday non-stop. Glad I have gas and food stocked up, just went to Walmart yesterday. They cancelled school tonight, which is also very bizarre. Last year we got 1 snow day all year and that happened the day of. Ok, enough weather talk.

Davis had his Christmas concert for Orchestra. He did real well. Of course, Andrew had my camera in his truck and he was coming straight from work, so no good pics. I did take a few from the cam-corder, but they didn't turn out very good. I will load them tomorrow.

Tonight the kids were playing outside (Serena, Davis, Benson, and Mason the neighbor behind us) and they were having a blast in the snow. Then Noah came over....dun dun dun......Shortly after, Serena came in crying her eyes out hysterical that Noah choked her. She said that he literally wrapped his fingers around her neck and squeezed. She was so upset and I've never seen that girl cry, she's a tomboy and rough. Anyway, Davis was concerened about her because he said Noah got angry with her and he did do it. About 1/2 later we heard a water running sound in the house. We checked all the sinks, toilets, tubs....nothing. Finally we traced it outside. There were footprints from Noah's driveway to our hose spout and the little Bastard had turned on our outside hose spicket full speeed! With these low temps. that could burst the pipes I would imagine!! So, I went over to his house and he nearly shit his pants when he saw me at his door. He went running up his stairs and his mother came to the door. I told her what had gone on....we'll see what happens. I'm sure nothing, he was out later that night. "Honest mommy, I didnt do a thing!"

Should be another day around here tomorrow with all the kiddies home from school! Whoopee..... ugh!

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Noah's mother better do something. That kid is a time bomb, waiting to go off. Keep Davis away from him.

Loved the pic of the snow, and your house looks like a gingerbread house. So cute.

Rainbow said...

You need to go to or have Andrew go to the home depot or Lowe's and buy the styrofoam spout covers for your outside faucets. Or you have a good chance of a pipe breaking..They only cost about 2 dollars and are so simple to put on.Call me if you have any questions..2 dollars will save you a big mess later trust me..oh ya sorry about he bratty kid...that's a tough situation..